Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Why I Keep Pushing So Hard About Blockchain

If you’ve paid any attention to me over the last several weeks and months, I’ve repeatedly said that blockchain as a technology is a huge and major shift that will impact many businesses (probably yours) in the next handful of years. I’ve also said repeatedly that you need to get out in front of it and learn more now so that you don’t repeat the mistakes you made in the DOT COM days, when you thought that might just be a whim. Remember then? Right. So let’s get real about blockchain.

First, I know. It’s really boring

What blockchain is that the internet wasn’t is that blockchain is boring. It’s about keeping better records. The whole system is about matching “ledgers” between lots of distributed computers. Are you snoring yet? I would be. BUT that doesn’t make it unimportant. It means you still have to know about it, but it might be tricky to stay focused. Just keep reminding yourself that you will be very far behind really quickly, and that mistake will cost you lots of money. That’s how I’m staying motivated, at least.

Continue Reading

The post Why I Keep Pushing So Hard About Blockchain appeared first on chrisbrogan.com.



from chrisbrogan.com http://ift.tt/2hJcGL7
via IFTTT